Further to the Scottish Government announcements on Monday 4 January 2021 regarding the Scottish lockdown, Weslo will be reducing its service to emergency repairs service only.
Emergency Repairs are as follows:
- Significant leaking or flooding from a water or heating pipe, tank or cistern
- Ensuring houses are wind and watertight (temporary repairs to make safe only)
- Unsafe power or lighting sockets or electrical fittings
- A blocked flue to an open fire or boiler
- Loss of space or water heating if no alternative heating is available; (no heat or hot water)
- Toilets which do not flush (if there is no other toilet in the house)
- Blocked foul drains, soil stacks, baths, sinks, basins or toilet pans (if there is no other toilet in the house)
- Loss or part loss of water supply
- A reminder that gas leaks are dealt with by Scottish Gas Network (SGN). If you suspect a gas leak can be found online at https://crowd.in/EMWXBZ
We will continue with gas servicing and electrical checks in your home to make sure that they are safe. We would appreciate it you were able to allow us to undertake these activities, our staff have the appropriate PPE to work in your home.
If the repair is of a non-emergency nature, Weslo will take a record of the repair and contact you at a later date whilst following the Scottish Government guidance. Where required, we are contacting customers to make them aware of any cancellations. If you require any technical support, our staff will be able to call you back to help and, in some cases, identify a solution over the telephone.
It is our priority to protect our staff and our tenants. We have therefore put in place several steps to protect everyone during home visits, you will experience some of these during any visit:
- Our staff will ask you if you are showing symptoms of the virus before arranging the repair and before entering your home
- Physical distancing and hygiene measures will be adhered to, our staff are equipped with appropriate PPE
- Our staff will politely ask you to vacate the room our staff will be working in prior to our arriving
Please be advised this is a fluid situation and work may be disrupted due Government Guidance and the availability of resources.
If you are a Weslo Customer and require an emergency repair to your property, please telephone our Repairs Team on 01506 639143. Alternatively, you can e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For all other enquiries please call 01506 634060 or to speak to a Housing Officer please visit the website at: https://www.weslo-housing.org/housing-officers/
We understand that this is a difficult time, and we thank you for your understanding and support.